This document will outline how to update an Account Group using XD07. An example of when this T-Code will be used is if an account was set-up as a ship-to only account but now needs a contract created with the account as a sold-to. This typically applies only to accounts that were created prior to Davey getting CRM. Accounts created in CRM are set-up as sold-to accounts, which is the most versatile account group and allows you to use the account as a sold-to or a ship-to account on contracts. If the user attempts to close a CRM proposal as won on a ship-to only account, a contract number will not be received.
What a Ship-To Only Accounts looks like in SAP
- There will be a red bar under both the Sold-to and the Ship-to address sections with the same account number as both
- The Sold-to and the Ship-to Address has matching information
Note: The user cannot tell if an account is a ship-to only account through CRM and the account group cannot be changed through CRM.
How to Change the Account Group in XD07
- Type the Account Number and hit enter
2. Click the green checkmark
3. Change the New Account group to be Sold-to party and click the green checkmark
5. Click the green checkmark